IMPORTANT NOTE: When signing up, select your desired testimony format, select “By committee and hearing item” – committee: Senate State, Military & Veterans Affairs, date: 4/20/23, hearing item: Unserialized Firearms & Components
ANYONE from the public can testify either in person or remote via Zoom. Each speaker will be given 3 minutes to speak.
2023 Colorado Firearm Legislation at a Glance
- HB23-1230 Prohibit Assault Weapons In Colorado – Died in Committee 4/19/23
- SB23-279 “Ghost Gun” Ban: Unserialized Firearms And Firearm Components – Going through State Senate
- HB23-1165 County Authority To Prohibit Firearm Discharge – Passed State House; Going through State Senate
- HCR23-1003 Constitutional Concealed Carry Of A Handgun – Up in Committee 5/1/23
- HB23-1219 Waiting Period To Deliver A Firearm – Passed; Waiting for Governor Signature
- SB23-168 Gun Violence Victims’ Access To Judicial System – Passed; Waiting for Governor Signature
- SB23-169 Increasing Minimum Age To Purchase and Possess Firearms – Passed; Waiting for Governor Signature
- SB23-170 Extreme Risk Protection Order Petitions – Passed; Waiting for Governor Signature
- HB23-1050 Protection of Business From Unlawful Entry – Died in Committee 2/6/2023
- HB23-1044 Second Amendment Preservation Act – Died in Committee 2/6/2023
Colorado Gun Law Could Have Disarmed Johnny Hurley
Two days prior to a violent madman with a vengeance being killed by an armed citizen with a concealed carry permit, Colorado Governor Jared Polis signed a bill that will allow 3,143 different localities in the state to ban concealed carry.
SB21-256 Local Regulation of Firearms would have done this.
Gun Control Groups Giffords And Brady Among Recipients Of Corononavirus Relief
Recently released records show two of the country’s most active gun control groups received Coronavirus relief during the pandemic shut down in the form of Paycheck Protection Loans.
The Brady Center To Prevent Gun Violence and The Giffords Law Center to Prevent Gun Violence both received the loans they likely will not need to reimburse.
CLICK HERE TO READ MORE
On January 1, 2020 Colorado’s Red Flag Extreme Risk Protection Orders ERPO law officially went into effect. This means Red Flag ERPO petitions will start making their way into the courts and orders will be coming out, landing in the hands of law enforcement who will then be responsible for serving them and confiscating firearms.
There is a lot to learn about this downright dangerous and unconstitutional law.
If you or someone you know is Red Flagged, the Red Flag Resource Center wants to know. This effort is a collaboration between Rally for our Rights, civil rights activists, and legal experts. It has all the information you could need about the law, what to do if you’re Red Flagged, along with attorney resources. They will also be tracking ERPO’s and providing transparency to the public.